Mediation and Arbitration
Reva Devins is a mediator and arbitrator, with extensive experience adjudicating labour and employment disputes. She is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School and has an LL.M. from Harvard Law School. Reva is a Fellow of the Winkler Institute for Dispute Resolution, at Osgoode Hall Law School.
Reva has also been appointed by supervising courts to determine claims filed under numerous class action settlements, spanning a wide range of personal injury, consumer and commercial actions.
Reva practices with fairness, thoughtfulness, and integrity. She is known for her sound judgment, practical outlook, and sensitivity to the needs of all parties.
Reva is currently:
- On the Ontario Minister of Labour’s List of Approved Arbitrators;
- A Roster Arbitrator for the Grievance Settlement Board;
- The Lead Assessor under the CAF/DND Sexual Misconduct Class Action Settlement;
- The Independent Assessor for the Federal Indian Day School Class Action; and
- The Associate Chair under the 1986-1990 Hepatitis C Class Action Settlement.
Her broad professional experience also includes:
- Previous appointments on the Ontario Human Rights Commission and the Canadian Human Rights Tribunal;
- Adjunct Professor at Osgoode Hall Law School, where she taught Legal Ethics and Professionalism; and
- Clerk for Mr Justice W.Z. Estey at the Supreme Court of Canada.